Regular readers to this site will be wandering why there is no mention of my hapless sidekick Dudley. That is because this is no ordinary post. Instead, it’s a response to the Liebster Award I recently received – my first ever blogging award.
So this is a huge and humble thanks to Laura aka ‘Riddle from the Middle’ for nominating me for the award. Do check out her blog yourselves if you want a ‘snarky’ take on a whole variety of life affirming subjects – with a side helping of her two ‘faithful and crazy’ dogs. https://riddlefromthemiddle.com
It’s fabulous to get a Liebster award for my blog and it’s now time to get to the point and answer those probing questions set by Laura;
- Would you change your middle name?
I would never change my middle name as it is my Dad’s name (David). That said, if my paternal grandfather had gone all ‘Johnny Cash’ and named my Dad Sue or Cecilia, then I may have considered it.
- What’s your favorite kind of Saturday?
If I had the opportunity, then getting out walking in the hills. The reality is more mundane however, as I just don’t do it enough. Instead, I am extremely happy gardening – with Dudley helping.
- Who was the last person you spoke with on the phone?
This is the bit where I get to say it was Mick Jagger or Bono, but no, it was my parents.
- Cat, dog, bird, reptile, or other?
Dog every time. Like cats too, but if it were a choice, dog every time.
- Item of clothing you’ve owned the longest.
I threw out recently an old pair of shoes that I bought in 2005
- How did you pick your blog name?
It’s about dogs, so there had to be a dog mention. Add to that, the fact that I was searching for dog based puns and that I was also brewing homebrew beer the same day and it all came to my mind at once. Stareofthedog was born – instead of the more conventional hair or the dog….
- Introvert, extrovert, or combination?
Introvert. Take a look at my site. Good luck finding many pictures of me.
- Do you use social media? Why/why not?
More than I want to, less than I probably should. I also recently binned Facebook – how very en- trend.
- Right- or left-handed?
- What’s something interesting you’ve seen while away from home?
Last weekend, I was at the seaside in Lancashire with my wife and Dudley on a less than warm Spring day and, having devoured some of my own cold-ish fish and chips, I saw a husband and wife sat in their car and angling their cartons of chips into the dashboard heater in an attempt to warm them back up. This is totally mundane, but sums up Britain and its weather perfectly.
- What was the most unusual thing that happened to you this week?
I’m a secondary school supply teacher. Let’s not go there shall we.
Here are the rules:
- If you’ve been nominated and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask them 11 questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
The blogs I nominate are:
And my questions to 11 bloggers are:
- What is your single biggest motivation for blogging?
- What would your dream job be?
- Surf or turf. Or both?
- If you could head back in time to one decade from the 20th century, which one would it be?
- If you have any pets, do you talk to them?
- Do you reach for the ‘air guitar’ or ‘invisible drum kit’ most often?
- Is there anywhere you wish you hadn’t travelled to and why?
- What’s the best or worst conspiracy theory you’ve heard?
- When the plane stops, are you first up to grab your bags or just happy to wait a while whilst the crowd dies down?
- Sauna or Jacuzzi? No option of both.
- Have you ever hitch-hiked and if so, where’s the coolest place you hitched to?